Salary £9.75 per hour
Byker Hall Care Centre is a nursing and residential care home in Byker, Newcastle. Part of family run company Enhanced Care Group offers high quality residential, nursing and dementia care across the north-east.
We are seeking to recruit a kitchen assistant to support our Head Chef and join our bank team. Our main priority for this job role is to find people with the right values, behaviours and attitudes that match our own – could this be you?
What we need from you?
Above all we want someone to have Passion, show Respect, provide Trust, ooze Pride and settle into our care Family with ease.
At Byker Hall we take pride in the nutritious meals served within our Home. We recognise that food plays an important role within our resident’s day and the importance of the nutritional value as well as tasting delicious.
Working alongside the Head Chef you will have excellent communication skills, will be happy following instructions and work well in a team to ensure that a busy
- Prepare all meals at the scheduled times throughout the day
- Support the Cook by helping to bake fresh goods daily such as cookies, biscuits, cupcakes etc for our residents to enjoy.
- Understand the importance of accommodating any allergies or specific dietary requirements
- Adhere to cleaning schedule ensuring all kitchen equipment, fridges and freezers are clean.
- Follow the policies and procedures of the Home.
What is in it for you?
- Training Support
- Development Opportunities
- Uniform is provided
- DBS paid for.
- Double time paid on Bank Holidays
- Company Events
- Refer a Friend Scheme; earn £200 per successful candidate*
- On-site parking
- Free snacks and refreshments whilst on shift
- NEST pension plan
- Rewards for 5,10,15,20 and 25 years
- Employees are required to have both doses of the COVID-19 Vaccination.
- Staff are tested on every shift using Rapid Test supplied by the Home.
- Staff are to have a PCR Test if required.
- PPE is in stock and is to be worn by staff as per Government Guidelines.
Closing Date: Sunday 8th May 2022