Wardley Gate Care Centre
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: From £9.80
Wardley Gate Care is a residential care home in Wardley, Gateshead. Part of family run company Enhanced Care Group offers high quality residential, nursing and dementia care across the north-east.
We are looking for care assistants to join our family and be proud to be part of the team. Our main priority for this job role is to find people with the right values, behaviours and attitudes that match our own – could this be you?
What we need from you?
Above all we want someone to have Passion, show Respect, provide Trust, ooze Pride and settle into our care Family with ease.
We’re looking for someone with experience in maintenance, building and DIY. With the understanding that our residents deserve to live in a well-presented and comfortable Home.
With the ability to work on your own initiative but communicate well with others as part of the staff team as making our residents happy is our number one priority. You will need technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems and IT skills is beneficial but not essential.
- General maintenance
- Communication with external sub-contractors
- Completing Audits
- Keep records of testing such as fire test, call point checks, temperatures
- Report and action any known to defects to appliances or damaged furniture/equipment to the Home Manager.
- Driving duties as required.
- Adhere to company policies on daily/weekly & monthly checks.
- Ensure all equipment is clean, well maintained & replace is necessary or applicable.
- ‘On call’ for emergencies.
- Decorating rooms/communal areas
What is in it for you?
- Training Support
- On-going support from a motivated and committed Head Office and Maintenance Manager
- Development Opportunities
- Uniform is provided
- DBS paid for
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- Company Events
- Refer a Friend Scheme; earn £200 per successful candidate*
- On-site parking
- Free snacks and refreshments whilst on shift
- NEST pension plan
- Rewards for 5,10,15,20 and 25 years
- Employees are required to have both does of the vaccination by 11th November 2021.
- Staff are tested on every shift using Rapid Test supplied by the Home.
- Staff are required to have a PCR test weekly.
- PPE is in stock and is to be worn by staff as per Government Guidelines.