Older Persons Services – Residential Care
Enhanced Care Older Persons Residential Care provide residential care homes in Newcastle and Gateshead for senior persons. Accordingly our priority when providing residential care and therapeutic services is to respect and understand the individual needs of each residents. Moreover to achieve this we have built residential care homes that are safe, comfortable and flexible. Staffed by highly trained professionals in all fields from day to day care to nursing and dementia needs.
Above all we offer the following in all our residential care homes in Newcastle upon Tyne, Gateshead in the North East of England:
24 Hour Care
– Enhanced Care provide round-the-clock personal and practical support, provided by carefully chosen and dedicated care workers. Our staff undergo intensive training and are required to complete QCF (Quality Care Framework) qualifications. More importantly though, Enhanced Care choose our carers based on how passionate they are about what they do. Plus how much they understand, empathise and care for our older residents who need nursing and dementia care. Whilst there is continual care, we also ensure care home residents are able to maintain their sense of privacy and choice.
Activity Based Care
– Enhanced Care tailor care to meet an individual’s needs, whether they are active and independent, older or infirm, or if they require a more specialised level of nursing support or for dementia. Furthermore as part of our initial assessment, we will gain an understanding of what their capabilities are. Consequently we then give them the time and space to be more active, with the aim of raising self-esteem and encouraging greater independence. We also encourage new interests and hobbies and provide training where necessary and we arrange day trips to leisure facilities and places of interest.
Health and Personal Care
– Enhanced Care have a number of health and social care professionals who attend our care home residents depending on the individual’s needs. These include the local GP, district nurse, dentist, optician, physiotherapist, chiropodist and holistic therapists.
Food and Nutrition
– At an Enhanced Care care home, eating good tasty food is an important and sociable part of each day. Therefore we ensure all meals are seasonal, freshly cooked. We cater to individual dietary requirements (eg. vegetarian, vegan, gluten or lactose free).
Changes in Care
– a resident’s level of care may change in the future. Therefore some of our homes offer residential as well as nursing and specialist care for dementia. In other words this avoids residents being moved away from familiar surroundings and friends.
Location: East Gateshead
Location: West Newcastle upon Tyne