ENHANCED CARE GROUP
RECRUITMENT & HIRING PRIVACY STATEMENT
INTRODUCTION / WHO IS COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
When you apply for a job at Enhanced Care, Enhanced Care will collect and use personal data about you during the recruiting and any hiring process. As described in this Privacy Statement, your personal data may be retained and used by Enhanced Care for the purpose of considering your qualifications for employment, as required by law, or as otherwise described below. Please see below for information that Enhanced Care may receive about you from third parties.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WILL ENHANCED CARE COLLECT?
The following categories of data will generally be collected by Enhanced Care:
- Data you submit in résumés / CVs, letters, writing samples, or other written materials;
- Data generated by interviewers and recruiters, based on their interactions with you or basic Internet searches;
- Data provided by third-party placement firms, recruiters, or job-search websites, where applicable;
- Recommendations provided on your behalf by others;
- Data about your prior employment, education, and where applicable, credit history, criminal records or other data revealed during background screenings;
- Data about your address, telephone number, e-mail address, next of kin and their address and telephone number.
- Data about your health or disability where it is relevant to your ability or availability to work or to a workplace accommodation, subject to legal limits on the timing of collection of such data and other applicable limitations.
- Data about race / ethnicity / religion / disability / gender and self-identified LGBT status, for purposes of government reporting where required, as well as to understand the diversity characteristics of the Enhanced Care workforce.
YOUR SUBMISSION OF PERSONAL DATA CONSTITUTES YOUR CONSENT TO OUR USE OF YOUR DATA AND YOUR VERIFICATION THAT IT IS ACCURATE.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the foregoing and consent to the uses of your information as set out above. You are not required to provide any requested information to Enhanced Care when applying for any vacancies but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that all representations made by you are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related information of an adverse nature. Providing any inaccurate information may make you ineligible for employment.
WHAT WILL ENHANCED CARE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Enhanced Care will use your personal data to:
Before the vacancy position is filled:
- Assess your suitability for employment for the role for which you are applying, as well as future roles that may become available;
- Perform administrative functions (e.g. reimburse you for interview-related expenses);
- Perform analysis of our applicant pool in order to better understand who is applying to positions at Enhanced Care and how to attract top talent;
- In some cases, record your online interview for review by additional recruiters and hiring managers. In such cases, we will seek your express consent to be recorded;
- Receive future mailings about Enhanced Care positions and events, to which you can opt-out of receiving messages and alerts if you choose.
- Perform any legally-required reporting, and respond to legal process.
Once employed by Enhanced Care:
Once you become an employee, we collect and use this personal information for managing our employment or working relationship with you – for example, your employment records and contract information (so we can manage our employment relationship with you), your bank account and salary details (so we can pay you), your equity grants (for benefits plan administration) and details of your spouse and dependents (for emergency contact and benefits purposes).
Where we process special categories of personal data, such as information about ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health or religion or belief, this is done for the purposes of equal opportunities monitoring. Data that we use for these purposes is anonymised or is only collected with the express consent of employees, which can be withdrawn at any time.
We have policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed without authorisation and only accessed or used for specific legal purposes.
You have some obligations under your employment contract to provide the organisation with data. You may also have to provide the organisation with data in order to exercise your statutory rights, such as in relation to statutory leave entitlements. Failing to provide this data may mean that you are unable to exercise your statutory rights.
FROM WHAT SOURCES WILL ENHANCED CARE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Enhanced Care may obtain data about you from the following sources:
- From you, when you submit resumes or other information online;
- From conversations with recruiters and interviews with hiring managers and other Enhanced Care personnel or representatives, some of which may be recorded (with your express knowledge and consent) as well as from Internet searches that these individuals may perform, or data that they may obtain from job search or professional networking websites (e.g. monster.com, LinkedIn, etc.) where you may have made data about yourself publicly available;
- From third-party recruiters, staffing companies, or websites where you are introduced to Enhanced Care through one. Enhanced Care does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies, but does sometimes use such agencies subject to a written agreement. Any resume or other candidate information submitted outside of established candidate submission guidelines (including through the Careers website or via email to any Enhanced Care employee) and without a written agreement or otherwise will be deemed to be provided for Enhanced Care’s use, and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Enhanced Care; and
- From background checks, as applicable. Where permitted by law, Enhanced Care may contract with a third party to perform a pre-employment background screening. The content of background check information may include information gathered from publicly available sources, your former employers or colleagues, schools you have attended, credit reporting agencies, and criminal records databases. These types of information will only be collected with your prior consent, and you will receive more information about the nature of such a background check before it begins. Where required by applicable local law, you may be asked to provide certain background check information, (which may include sensitive data) directly to Enhanced Care.
WHO WILL HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA? WHERE ARE THEY LOCATED?
In general, access to your personal data will be restricted to minimise the number of people in Enhanced Care´s organisation who need it in order evaluate your application for employment, perform functions supporting our Recruiting and Talent Management functions, or to whom we are compelled to provide it by applicable law.
The following categories of individuals will have access to your personal data:
- Hiring managers and other interviewers.
- Individuals performing administrative and IT support functions;
- Authorised personnel at our service providers, including:
- Authorised Recruitment Agencies
- Companies contracted to perform background screenings, where applicable. These companies may be based in another country, and may obtain data from other countries where you have lived, worked or studied, as may be relevant as part of a background check. You will receive more information about any such check before it begins;
- Government officials where legal reporting requirements may exist, or law enforcement agencies or private litigants in response to valid law enforcement process (warrant, subpoena, or court order); and
- A successor to Enhanced Care in the event that it sells or divests all or part of its business.
HOW LONG WILL ENHANCED CARE RETAIN MY PERSONAL DATA?
If you are given and accept an offer of employment by Enhanced Care, personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your Enhanced Care personnel records and will be held for the time you are employed with us. After your employment with Enhanced Care no longer requires the personal data as we will no longer need to use if for the purpose it was obtained.
However, Enhanced Care may choose to retain its HR records for a significant period of time for legitimate business reasons for example in case a claim arises relating to personal injury caused by Enhanced Care or Enhanced to comply with legal or statutory requirements.
Enhanced Care understands that claims may be made under a contract for 6 years from the date of termination of the contract, and that claims may be made under a deed for a period of 12 years from the date of termination of the deed. Enhanced Care may therefore consider keeping contracts and deeds and documents and correspondence relevant to those contracts and deeds for the duration of the contract or deed plus 6 and 12 years respectively
HOW ENHANCED CARE PROTECTS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Enhanced Care employs organisational, technical, and physical security measures in order to protect your data from loss or misuse. Where we contract with third-party suppliers to provide services that may enable them to access your personal data we require them by contract to have similar security controls in place.
If you have a question, comment, or complaint, wish to obtain a copy of Enhanced Care´s Data Privacy, or wish to access a copy of your personal data or to correct it if you believe it is inaccurate, you may Contact our Data Protection Officer by calling 0191 438 6000, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.